Many Possibilities: Mayville Portland Community Profile
Mayville-Portland, North Dakota, is located along the beautiful Goose River in east-central North Dakota. Mayville is the largest community in Traill County, and together Mayville and Portland provide a retail and services hub for the surrounding area. The combination of rural living and convenient access to amenities makes Mayville-Portland a terrific place to run a business, raise a family or enjoy retirement. With a world-class educational system that includes Mayville State University, we have many possibilities for you!
Combined population of 2,464 (according to the 2010 census)
- Approximately 200 businesses
- Preschool through adult education system
Preschool services are part of Mayville State University.
- Mayville-Portland Clifford Galesburg School District provides excellent K-12 education.
- Mayville State University brings higher education, diversity, and culture to Mayville-Portland. MSU provides Tablet PCs to all students and offers Bachelor’s and Associate degree programs.
Recreation opportunities for all ages
- Parks and a walking/biking trail system between towns
- Beautiful, mature golf course on the Goose River
- Tennis, racquetball, handball, and competition-level horseshoe courts
- Water park complete with waterslides
- Cross-country skiing and snowmobiling
- A sledding hill, indoor ice arena
- A wellness/fitness center
- Award-winning hospital, clinic, optometrist, dentist, and chiropractor
- Local massage therapist
- Nine churches within Mayville-Portland, plus many more rural churches
- Seven restaurants, many nightspots, a motel, a B&B, and campground
- Goose River Heritage Museum