Housing That Feels Like Home
“Home” means something different to everyone. For some it is a house, for others it is an apartment or a condo. Here in Mayville-Portland, we have a wide range of housing options to fit your lifestyle or the lifestyles of your employees. From large families to single tenants, there’s something everyone will be glad to call home: houses for sale, rental housing including single and multi-family homes, townhomes with single level designs and even a top-notch assisted living facility with professional staff.
Riverwood Drive, Mayville, ND 58257 | $4,000
RIVERWOOD ADDITION: Mayville, ND. 52 lots east of Mayville,ND along Goose River. TIF tax incentives. Local incentives! Lots from $4,000
500 Jahr Ave, Portland, ND 58274 | $3,500
Heskin Meadows in Portland, North Dakota is a great place to build the home of your dreams. Located on the northeast side of Portland, Heskin Meadows has a walking and biking trail, is close to the middle and high schools, and a short drive from Golden Lake offering fishing and water sports. Lots range from $3,500 to $5,000.
Mayville Renaissance Zone
Mayville has a Renaissance Zone that can provide additional incentives for homeowners (as well as businesses).
The Renaissance Zone designates 26 contiguous blocks where local and state incentives are available for current and potential Zone residents. The incentives are offered when those current or potential residents improve the quality, appearance and value of their properties located in the Zone.
For more information on the Renaissance Zone, contact the Mayville City Auditor at 701-788-2166.
Requirements and benefits of a Renaissance Zone project:
- Located in a 26-block contiguous area starting with downtown and working out.
- Rehabilitation projects in the Zone will qualify for property tax breaks and North Dakota state income tax breaks.
- Property tax breaks up to 100% for five (5) years.
- State income tax breaks up to 100% of income tax liability on income from business in the Zone.
- Significant state income tax breaks for residential projects in the Zone as well.
- Both residential and commercial property may be eligible.
- Application process begins by contacting the Mayville City Auditor for an application form. All applications need to be approved by the local Renaissance Zone Authority, then the Mayville City Council, and finally the North Dakota Department of Commerce, Division of Community Services.