Parents may register their children for this year’s summer reading program at the Mayville Public Library from noon to 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 31, Thursday, June 1 and Friday, June 2. If you cannot register your child on the dates above, simply stop in at the library from noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. The phone number is 788-3388.
This year’s theme is “Build A Better World.” The program is open from youngsters who will be attending kindergarten to those who have just completed sixth grade. All children must be registered to attend. All children under the age of 6 must be accompanied by an adult.
The Story Hour will be held from 2 to 2:45 p.m. Tuesdays with storytellers from the Mayville Women’s Club.
The schedule follows with the date, topic and storyteller.
- June 6: “Kindness Inspiration,” Mrs. Katherine Zupan;
- June 13: “Flower Power and Butterflies,” Mrs. Diane Johnson;
- June 20: “Buildings, Construction and Lego Fun,” Mrs. Sheryl Vinje;
- June 27: “Languages Around the World and Famous Places,” Mrs. Marion Baker; and •
- July 11: “Oceans and Penguins,” Mrs. Jackee Lerol and Mrs. Pearl Forsgren.
- There will be no Story Hour on the Fourth of July, when the library is closed.
- Tuesday, July 18 will be the annual water party with Mayville Fire and Rescue. There will be a prize drawing held. Parents should have their children dressed in play clothes for the party. If it rains, the party will be moved inside the library. This date marks the end of the summer reading program.
Small prizes will be given to each child who attends Story Hour.