Mayville-Portland Economic Development Committee matched $39,000 in beautification grants.
The board received seven applications for its beautification grant, the seven applicants include:
• Mayville Hardware Hank asking for a match of $17,845 to strip, insulate the west and south sides of the store and replace the back door “to give the store a new, clean appearance”
• KMAV Radio for $6,575 to cover half the price tag of painting and lamping the radio tower and constructing a new fence around it, as the station is being required to do by the FCC
• Jacobson Studio’s appeal for $5,571 to cover half of the expense to replace the awning and fascia on the south side above the windows.
• Karl Jorgensen for $5,340.41 to get buildings to the east of Ma’s Drive-In along N.D. Highway 200 “up to standard” and use the shop area for materials and tools
• State Farm Insurance for $2,000. David Johnson proposes to replace outdated shingles with a red steel roof
• A request for $1,820 to place 40 banners to steel light posts along Main Street, Center Avenue, N.D. Highway 200 and its intersection with N.D. Highway 18. The City of Mayville has approved $1,800 toward the project
• Mayville State University Foundation for $400 for two large planters on the south border of the Military Honor Garden next to the Larson Alumni and Leadership Center.
Look for these projects to spruce up Mayville in the next few months!