The vote is unanimous among directors of the Mayville-Portland Economic Development Committee to move ahead with six beautification grant projects.
For the year 2020, directors moved to allocate matches of up to $20,000 for approved projects to exteriors only. Examples of uses for the grant include:
- Removal of unsightly buildings
- Commercial exterior updating/remodeling
- Improvements to existing public spaces; and
- New for 2020, residential exterior updating/remodeling
This is the second round of MPEDC beautification grants. In March 2017, the board approved seven applications totaling $39,284.86.
This years recipients are:
- May-Port Hardware Hank – Main Street Storefront Remodel
- NB Holdings LLC, 36 Main St. W. – Main Street Storefront Remodel
- Paulas/Back Alley Coffee Shop – Sidewalks, Patio, New Sign
- Stubs – Exterior Improvements
- RJN Properties – Exterior Improvements
Through requests and recommendations from directors, the MPEDC directors allocated $30,000 toward the grant applications.
Look for these projects to take shape and beautify our community in the next few months.